Monday, February 13, 2012

The letter I

       I am very Imperfect, as I'm sure most people on the planet are.Earlier, in the year I set some goals to help me improve. I'll have you know that it has not been easy. However, I do feel like I'm making progress with each of my goals (especially with laundry mountain). Gordon B. Hinckley once said "You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." This is certainly starting to feel like the truth. 
       We are all Important. Recently, I watched "The Help". It was such a great movie. The one thing that stuck with me is how we all have a story to tell. It also reinforced something I had always known but never really heard put so simply: "You is smart, You is kind, You is important." This is so true of all people especially, children. 
       It always amazes me how Impressionable kids are. I am quickly learning that anything and, everything can and, most likely will be repeated. Sometimes this is cute, other times not so much. In fact, most of the time it tends to be downright embarrassing. Hopefully, in the end my children will have learned the important thing that they are SO loved.
       Some behaviors are not really learned at home though and they tend to be Inappropriate. Lately we have struggled with three things at our house. They are coloring on the wall, pinching, and being bossy. Though I'm not proud I'm hoping it is just a stage that will pass quickly. Any suggestions on how to rid the house of theses and other such things would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment