Thursday, April 5, 2012

The letter Z

      We are very Zealous about the outdoors. The less time we spend inside it seems the better. While, we were dating M and I spent alot of our time walking around town or hiking up the mountain.When P was a baby we used to go for a walk every night. It was a way for us to talk well still being able to be active. This fall, when we moved back to Ephraim (our college town) we went for lots of walks around town. We also did a few hikes up the mountain. With M gone the boys and I tend to go to the park or play in the backyard a lot.I have simply found that the fresh air and sunshine helps me to feel better. I have also learned that if the boys get to play and be crazy outside then, they sleep better at night and my house stays clean during the day.
      The days that we stay inside too much I tend to feel like my house is a Zoo. I'm sure it looks like one too. The boys will have a billion blankets and toys spread out through the living room. For some reason, they also believe if they're not outside they don't need clothes on. So of course their clothes that should be on their bodies are laying somewhere in the house. Then, as any mom of small boys knows there is constant noise. Everything they do must be accompanied by a sound effect. I love my kiddos but inside days certainly make me feel like a zoo keeper to wild animals.
     We like Zucchini a lot at our house. I make zucchini bread, zucchini cookies (with chocolate chips of course), it also tends to go in our stir fry. I know that doesn't sound like a lot of recipes with it but if you saw the quantities of such things being made you would understand. Hopefully, when we move on base we can have a garden; so, that we can start to grow more yummy veggies at our house instead of having to buy them like we do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment