Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Call

I had heard from others to be prepared for his final phone call. Many warned he would sound horrible and that I'd want to cry. I'm not sure if I was just too tired or, what but when the call came it was not as bad as I had expected. At 4:20 AM my phone rang it was M on the other line informing me that he had made it safely, that I was to contact the American Red Cross in case of emergency, his flight number was such and such, goodbye. He didn't sound horrible, instead he sounded tired, angry and, like he was being watched all of which I'm sure is true. He was tired cause at BMT there is no sleeping in, angry cause he loves his sleep and I'm certain a drill sergeant was watching as he called. The only thing that bummed me out was that he didn't say I love you one last time. For all I know though that could be against the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment